Inheriting Sumitomo's@400-year-honored business spirit,
Sumitomo Light Metal will live up to all stakeholder expectations.
The "Sumitomo Business Spirit" is based on the business guidelines called "Monjuin Shiigaki" (Monjuin Maxims), which Masatomo Sumitomo, the founder of Sumitomo, wrote for his successors. The business guidelines were summarized into the two articles above when the Sumitomo family rules were stipulated in 1891, and have been passed down through generations.
We have a few more of what is unique to Sumitomo: "developing human resources", "valuing technologies", "making far-reaching plans" and "making others happy makes yourself happy, for there is no personal happiness without public happiness". The first three are the behaviors traditional to Sumitomo, and the last one represents the belief in harmony between the pursuit of personal profit and the respect for public interests, or the belief in importance of businesses that contribute to nation and society. These, having been inherited along with the "Fundamental Principles of Business" by the Sumitomo Group companies, are the basis of our CSR commitment.
We strive to provide products and service that can gain our customers' satisfaction and trust, and contribute to society as a whole through sound business development.
We aim to be a global organization that centers rolled aluminum and copper manufacturing business.
- Enhance and expand aluminum and copper manufacturing business through technological development
- Exert all of SLM Groupfs integrated corporate strength
- Ensure employeesf safety and health, and preservation of global environment
- Respond to all changes creatively
- Share information and have active discussions
- Gather knowledge and wisdom for achieving goals and solving problems, and act promptly
- Be aware of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and act accordingly