Effects of the Great East Japan Earthquake
March 15th, 2011
Sumitomo Light Metal Industries, Ltd.
We wholeheartedly extend our sympathy to all the people affected by the earthquake and tsunami
in the Pacific Coast of Tohoku Region on March 11th, 2011.
As far as we know at this point in time, SLM Group's damage is as follows,
1. Major Damage
- There has been no death or injury in our group.
- There was slight damage to some facilities in our affiliated companies in the East Japan area listed below, but it is limited and will not affect our operations.
No damage has been reported in any other areas.
<Our operations in the East Japan area>
- Sumikei-Engineering Co., Ltd. (Kooriyama City, Fukushima Pref.)
- Sumikei Aluminum Foil Co., Ltd. (Isezaki City, Gunma Pref.)
- Sumikei Techno Gunma Co., Ltd. (Isezaki City, Gunma Pref.)
2. Financial Impact
As of now, the earthquake's impact upon our financial results is unclear.
We will diclose promptly if there are any material effects upon our performance are expected to occur.
With regard to the planned blackouts and energy saving program conducted by Tokyo Electric Company, we are extending group-wide cooperation, which may therefore affect operating conditions at our factories in the future. We would appreciate your kind understanding.
We sincerely hope for as speedy a recovery as possible in all the regions that had to suffer in this incident.